Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Where the Players Play

I'm proud to announce Mari McMurray is back on the blog scene.  In case my tweets, Facebook posts and Instagram pictures weren't enough, add on self-edited short-form essays!

I became an official Atlanta resident on Sunday by attending my first Atlanta Falcons game at the Georgia Dome.  Yes, the very same Georgia Dome that houses Ludacris's favorite fifty yard line on which to have intercourse.  Pretty historic.
Appropriately, Foursquare awarded me the "Historian Badge" for checking into one of the History Channel's recommended places when I checked into the Dome.  So yeah.

Atlanta Falcons football tickets in the Georgia Dome
What a Georgian could only describe as "a whole mess a' tickets."
As could be expected, there was absolutely no data service in the Georgia Dome.  As the game went on, I kept finding things that I wanted to tweet about.  Not being able to tweet was as frustrating as not being able to stop thinking about Twitter in a fun social situation.  I started planning things I would tweet after the game with the super original hashtag #tweetsfromthedome.  Unfortunately, after the game, I somehow turned off my data or something, couldn't send a tweet to save my life.  It was all very confusing.  Did I mention we started drinking at 10 am?

Here's what made it out of the safe that is my mind:
"I'm a close friend of Cam Newton. Look at our text conversation." If you were so close, you wouldn't let strangers read his texts. Have some decency. #tweetsfromthedome 
I literally cannot drink these $7.50 beers fast enough. #tweetsfromthedome 
I think I said "Cam Newton is a scumbag" at least 25 times. #tweetsfromthedome 
I shockingly never had to wait in line at the bathroom. I did pick up some tips on where to get my hair did. #tweetsfromthedome 
The game was so exciting, someone felt the need to tell me that not every Falcons game was this thrilling. It may be hard to believe because I'm such a delicate flower, but I've watched sports before. #tweetsfromthedome 
I apologize to the smooth bald head in front of me that I was rubbing for luck in the 4th quarter.  Especially because he was cheering for the Panthers. #tweetsfromthedome 
But seriously, who puts money on the visiting team when you're a fan of the home team AND going to the game? Nonsense. #tweetsfromthedome 
Atlanta Falcons versus Carolina Panthers 2012 in the Georgia Dome
The only picture I took.
I had a great time, and I think I added a little more ATL street cred to my name.* My only complaint is I was promised a trip to the world-famous Cheetah if the Falcons pulled out a win. That did not happen. Someone owes me some high-class titties.

Finally, in what will I'm sure will become a staple of this clumsy woman's blog...
In true Georgia style, I bruise like a peach.**  It doesn't really matter what the event is, I almost always gain some new injuries.
Falcons Game Bruise Count: 3
I'll be sure to keep my many blog followers up on my bruises. Compelling stuff!

Well, starting this blog is one check off my list of stuff to do during the break from school.  Next up, finish painting the walls, lose 5 pounds and buy a drain board.
LIFE IS SO EXCITING.

*Can I say ATL?  Do I pull that off?
**Wordplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment